This case was tried in Fayette County. Mr. Barry was traveling early in the morning on the Route 119 Bypass which circumvents the City of Uniontown. He was traveling north on the bypass. His car suffered an electrical failure coming…
Pittsburgh Slip and Fall Lawyer
Falls are the cause of many serious injuries and even death across the country every day. Often, falls take place on someone else’s premises and occur because the property owner has not safely maintained his home or business. If you slip and fall in an unsafe environment or property that has not been maintained properly, you may be eligible to collect damages for your injury and associated medical expenses.
Slip and Fall Attorneys Handle Premises Liability Cases
Our firm is made up of attorneys who focus their practice solely on representing clients in personal injury cases. We are trial lawyers who are not afraid to take your case to court. If you have been injured on a wet floor in a grocery store, tripped on uneven pavement or icy sidewalk, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries.
What to Do If You Are Injured in a Slip and Fall Incident
Part of our commitment to client care involves preserving evidence and properly investing every clients case. If you sustain injuries in a slip and fall or trip and fall, we advise you to do the following:
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all witnesses to your accident including the people who work for the store where you fell. It will be very difficult to find those witnesses weeks and months after the injury.
- Immediately contact the store manager or property owner and have them complete an accident report. It is important to insist upon this. But be careful what you sign. Make sure the facts are right and always insist on a copy of the incident report or anything you sign.
- Put your clothes and shoes you were wearing when the accident occurred into sealed bags and keep them in a safe storage space. These items may needed later as evidence.
- Return to the scene of the accident as soon as possible, or have friends or family return to photograph the exact location and hazard that caused you to fall. If you have a cell phone with a camera, you may be able to take a picture on the spot at the time of the accident. Dangerous conditions are quickly fixed and repaired after someone is injured.
- Contact a premises liability attorney as soon as possible to ensure you have proper legal counsel and representation throughout the claims process.
Our Pittsburgh attorneys will work with you to build a strong case and obtain for you the financial reimbursement you deserve. Contact Thomas E. Crenney & Associates, LLC atoday to schedule an initial consultation. We do not collect a fee unless we win your case.